Jim joined MKC in 1983 and is a firm Principal and CEO. Jim has performed design work on numerous civic and educational projects throughout his 35 year history with the firm, with a specialty in designing inspirational spaces. Jim has focused his expertise in project master planning, conceptual design and the development of innovative and cost effective architectural design.
Jim’s primary focus with MKC is private-led development, in particular student housing. His role is to ensure that the development of the design is consistent with the Owner’s expectations, and to create integrity centered and innovative designs. His involvement in many local and state Board of Directors has given Jim the opportunity to inform others about the process and practice of architecture and its effect on people, places, and culture.
- American Institute of Architects (AIA) Ohio-Columbus Chapter
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Ohio Design Professional Code Analysts
- Richland Economic Development Corporation Chairman
- Richland County Rehabilitation Board Chairman
- Mansfield Area YMCA Board Chairman
- Leadership Unlimited
- Richland Chamber of Commerce Chairman
- ACUHO National Conference Center
- National Apartment Association Student Housing Conference Speaker
- Ohio Association Community Colleges Conference Speaker
- Ohio Library Council Conference Speaker