New Philadelphia, Ohio
Originally designed in 1928 by Charles J. Marr, a widely recognized New Philadelphia architect and MKC founder, this fine example of federal style architecture first served as a B.P.O.E. Lodge.
The building’s impressive architecture and prominent downtown location adjacent to the existing municipal building, led to consideration for use as city offices when it became available in 2001. The challenge was to adapt interior space originally intended for large group assemblies into specialized public offices, with current technology, while maintaining the building’s aesthetics. The design also had to factor in the efficient functional relationships between many diverse city departments.
KNISLEY MUNICIPAL BUILDING
Renovated entrance to the historic courthouse building.